Traffic Resources for New York
New York Traffic Cams
- New York area - Traffic cameras
- Web cams and streaming video (in RealPlayer format) provided by the Advanced Traveler Information System (ATIS) of the New York City Department of Transportation for Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island boroughs.
New York Construction
New York Government Agencies
- New York State Department of Transportation
- The New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) is an excellent source of information on key transportation priorities and provides regionally organized road work project status.
- New York State Transportation Federation
- The New York State Transportation Federation, comprises the New York State Department of Transportation, Thruway Authority, and Bridge Authority, and has created the Travel Information Gateway (or TIG) as an Internet service to provide the public with information useful in planning and conducting personal and commercial travel to and within New York State.
- New York City Department of Transportation
- The New York City Department of Transportation (DOT) manages much of the city's transportation infrastructure, including city streets, highways, sidewalks, and bridges as well as operates the Staten Island Ferry.
- New York State Thruway Authority
- Information provided by the New York State Thruway Authority includes travel conditions, tolls & maps for the NY State Thruway.
- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey manages and maintains the bridges, tunnels, bus terminals, airports, PATH and seaport that are critical to the region's trade and transportation capabilities.
- New Jersey Department of Transportation
- The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT), Commuter Information, provides practical information about changing traffic patterns due to construction, general aviation airports, truck, biking and walking programs, ridesharing help and train and bus schedules are all provided for those who travel in New Jersey for work or pleasure.
New York Toll Roads
- E-ZPass in NY
- Toll information in the New York area and information about using E-ZPass on toll roads and bridges operated by The State of New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), New York Bridge Authority, New York State Thruway and The Port Authority of NY & NJ.
- E-ZPass in NJ
- Toll information in New Jersey and information and E-ZPass usage on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway.
New York Mass Transit
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- The MTA (Metropolitan Transportation Authority) operates subways, buses, and railroads fanning out from New York City through Long Island, southeastern New York State and Connecticut. Information includes maps, schedules, fares and service advisories.
- Staten Island Ferry
- The Staten Island Ferry is operated by the New York City Department of Transportation. Information includes terminal, route, schedule and fares.
- NY Harbor Commuter Ferry Routes
- Information provided by The Port Authority of NY & NJ on using ferry services provided by NY Waterway, Seastreak, and New York Water Taxi.
- NJ TRANSIT
- The NJ TRANSIT provides bus, rail, and light rail transit, linking major points in New Jersey, New York, and Philadelphia. Information includes schedules, fares, travel alerts and advisories.
New York Airports
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- The John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) is located in the southeastern section of Queens County, New York City, on Jamaica Bay. JFK is fifteen miles by highway from midtown Manhattan.
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- The Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is located in Essex and Union Counties between the New Jersey Turnpike (accessible from Exits 13A and 14), U.S. Routes 1 & 9 and I-78. EWR is about 16 miles from midtown Manhattan.
- LaGuardia Airport
- The LaGuardia Airport (LGA) is located in the Borough of Queens, New York City, bordering on Flushing Bay and Bowery Bay. LGA is eight miles from midtown Manhattan.
- Long Island MacArthur Airport
- The Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP) is located in Ronkonkoma, NY in Suffolk County and is approximately 50 miles from midtown Manhattan.
New York Trains
- Staten Island Railway
- The MTA Staten Island Railway (SIR) service runs 24 hours daily between the St. George and Tottenville stations. At the St. George station, customers can make connections with Staten Island Ferry service. Information includes schedules, maps, fares and service advisories.
- Long Island Railroad
- The MTA Long Island Railroad (LIRR) system is comprised of over 700 miles of track on 11 different branches, stretching from Montauk (on the eastern tip of Long Island) to the refurbished Penn Station in the heart of Manhattan, approximately 120 miles away.
- Metro-North Railroad
- The MTA Metro-North Railroad (MNR) is comprised of 384 route miles and 775 miles of track. Metro-North goes to 120 stations distributed in seven counties in New York State including: Dutchess, Putnam, Westchester, Bronx, New York (Manhattan), Rockland, and Orange and includes New Haven and Fairfield counties in the state of Connecticut.
- PATH Rapid Transit System
- The Port Authority Trans-Hudson Corporation (PATH) rail transit system serves as the primary transit link between Manhattan and neighboring New Jersey urban communities and suburban railroads. Information includes schedule, system map & station information and fares.
- AirTrain JFK
- Brought to you by the Port Authority of NY & NJ, AirTrain JFK is the new train service that takes you between John F. Kennedy International Airport and MTA Long Island Railroad and MTA New York City Transit subways and local buses.
- AirTrain Newark
- Brought to you by The Port Authority of NY & NJ, AirTrain Newark is the popular train service that takes you between Newark Liberty International Airport Train Station and your terminal at Newark Liberty Airport by connecting with NJ TRANSIT commuter and Amtrak regional trains.
- Amtrak provides rail service as part of its national passenger rail system. Information includes stations, routes, schedules, fare information and reservations.